Ok, so you’ve started your property management business, and you think to yourself, “Now what?” Now it’s time to start landing customers. But how? You know that you have to generate leads, the trick is finding the best ways to do it. Property owners aren’t exactly placing ads in newspapers or on the web for “Property Manager Needed,” and if there are any who do, it is certainly not enough to sustain a business. Luckily, there are some fool-proof methods to generate high-quality leads right to your inbox. Owners are in need of property managers. There are lots out there, and they are looking for you! Here are the best ways to make sure that they find you before they find someone else.
1. Make sure you have a professionally built, SEO-charged website! This seems like an obvious method, but you’d be surprised to learn how many property managers do not have a professional website, and furthermore, are towards the bottom of internet search results. It is a statistical fact that 75% of searchers do not go beyond the first page of an internet search. If you want to be noticed, you need to be at the top. This is absolutely the #1 method of lead generation, and will yield you some great results. To learn more about SEO, click HERE.
2. Establish a Social Media presence. These days, everyone is on Facebook and/or Twitter, and social media is only growing. You can create a Facebook and Twitter account for free. Have your contacts “Like” your page and “Follow” your Twitter feed, and watch it grow. This is a great form of free advertising that will generate some great leads for you.
3. NETWORK! While having a website and online presence are really how business is done in today’s market, there is still a need for face time. You do still need to “pound the pavement” to generate business. Find property owner groups, real estate groups, and even property manager groups and join them. Most of these groups have websites with a calendar of events. Make time to schedule some networking functions, and make sure that you have plenty of business cards. You will generate a lot of leads by simply marketing yourself during casual conversation at these events.
4. Attend Real Estate and Property Management Conferences. There are retreats for property managers, owners, and real estate agents through various groups. NARPM has regional as well as national conferences annually. Your smaller property management and real estate groups also may hold a monthly/quarterly/annual conference too. This is a great opportunity to not only learn a few things, but get your name out there.
5. Market yourself through Direct Mailers. Snail mail still works. Have a form online where people can request more information from you. You can also send mailers to people you have met during your networking events and conferences. It is important to create a lead tracking system, so that you can monitor your lead activity effectively and know who to send your mailers to.
-Greg Topps, contributing writer.