Why You Should Consider Using a Digital Property Inspection App
As a long-term property manager you will be happy to know that there are digital tools available to help make your job a little easier. Maybe even a lot easier, depending on the number of units you manage. This article will show you how valuable and powerful this technology is and why you should start using it as soon as possible.
What is a property inspection app?
It is a computer software program installed on your phone or tablet, making it portable and convenient. It lets you inspect properties, create reports, and deliver them to your client from anywhere.
Why should I use a property inspection app?
It saves time over the traditional way of writing up an inspection and report on paper forms. This frees you up to take on more clients or concentrate on other work.
You can be sure that the inspection is done thoroughly, using checklists, photos, videos, signatures, and more.
You can access it from any device, including mobile (iPhone or Android), tablet, or computer.
The entire record is safely stored in the cloud, always there when you need it for any reason: legal disputes, tenancy issues, property records and other related details.
You’ll appear more professional, have less stress, and won’t lose or forget anything.
Using a scalable program allows you to grow your business from just you as an independent contractor starting out to hiring employees such as other inspectors or property managers.
What can I do with a property inspection app?
- Schedule and track inspections from anywhere – It’s completely mobile, so you can schedule property visits ahead of time, make and reschedule while on the road, and accept bookings directly from clients.
- Complete reports faster in the field – Since it comes with customizable checklists and templates, you can complete detailed reports on site without going back to the office. If you don’t have time to type in all the information, just use the dictation tool as you walk through and finish the report later or have it transcribed. Add photos directly from your mobile device.
- Review, edit and polish reports in your browser – You have a powerful report editor available to make sure you’ve included every detail, and allowing you to add photos using different cameras, upload videos, or include any other relevant information.
- Make real-time updates – Keep track of scheduled inspections, add new details, update calendars or reports, and all while giving notifications to keep everyone involved in each project in the loop from start to finish.
- Helps eliminate end-of-tenancy disputes – It accurately records easily read and understood property inventory and move-in reports. It also compares move-out records against the original move-in report, so you quickly know what needs attention. It provides a clear record of wear and tear, missing or damaged items, and suggests cleaning or maintenance needed.
- Truly paperless system – No more messy – often illegible – paperwork. You can capture digital signatures, share interactive reports online for easier dispute resolution, and generate PDF documents that contain all of the comments, photos and signatures of all parties.
- Win new business – Using a property inspection app is a way to impress clients and differentiate yourself from your competition, giving you the advantage to make the sale.
- Safely stores all records in the cloud – Quickly access your records at any time for any reason. You can be sure that your accurate and detailed records are readily available and easy to produce to help in any legal dispute or situation.
If you are ready to take your property management to the next level, contact us today. At PropertyManagementPros.com we specialize in helping you achieve success as an independent rental and property management professional.